Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Anyone who thinks a minute is short hasn't been on a bike

My busy schedule and my New Year's resolution to get consistent with exercise seem to be clashing. I'm so excited about my new part time job which allows to be at home with the children and provides the regular income that's hard to maintain while Freelance writing. Doing the books for contractors seems to be a perfect solution - however, although I wasn't prepared to find things in such a muddle, I'm eager to roll up my sleeves and get stuck in.

Although, I'm pleased with the progress I made over Christmas I'm itching to get back to writing - but it's time to try and put things back together. And get the family back into a routine.

So my Janathon progress has slowed down on Sunday - family party and 300 mile drive, and Monday business banking and book keeping. What I don't want to happen is to fall into the belief I don't have time to exercise.  Anyone who thinks a minute is short hasn't been on a bike. A few minutes on Facebook flies by, but the same amount of time drags on when you're doing a gym routine.  It's easy to say "I don't have time" when it's something we'd rather not do anyway. 

Tomorrow I'm looking forward to going back to yoga. Perhaps choosing exercise I like rather than my daughters favourite activities will help.

I have also found two sites that I'm interested in;

“My One Word” is an experiment designed to move you beyond this cycle. The challenge is simple: lose the long list of changes you want to make this year and instead pick ONE WORD.

See more at: http://myoneword.org/#sthash.fdIhKFrk.dpuf

And, Blipfoto a site which lets you save and share your life in photos, one day at a time. 
www.blipfoto.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment