Monday, September 9, 2013

Waking up with a start!

Starting your day off with anxiety is never easy. It essentially sets you up for a struggle, because anxiety tends to beget more anxiety. When you wake up with anxiety, you often find that your stresses are all you can focus on, and every little thing that occurs throughout the day only adds to it.

Anxiety may also lead to more nightmares or more stressful dreams. Often when you are woken up in the middle of these dreams, you feel exactly as you did in the dream – stressed and anxious.

But this morning I know exactly what was the cause. 

Watson my West Highland Terrier.

I woke up thirty five minutes ago, I'm still shaking.

For those of you who don't have young children zhu zhu pets are small electronic toys that whizz around the floor or in a track. 

I awoke this morning with something small and furry travelling at great speed up my shin. I panicked stood on the bed, backing up fast banged my head in the wall, fell and cut the back of my head open on our metal bed board. At this point I still thought it was something live. I flopped off the bed and started to scream at the dog to get it. 

Of course he was happy to jump on the bed and dive under the covers. He found it alright. Slowly, I realised that it wasn't a real rat or mouse. He didn't shake it, instead he stood on the bed with it in his mouth, tail wagging. The settled on the bed with his new toy. 


1 comment:

  1. I could swear he is laughing at you in this photo! I'm with you on the anxiety front though - it sucks. I spend a lot of the night awake, filled with angst and fretting. *makes note not to allow any zhu zhu toys in house*

    ReplyDelete