Sunday, September 29, 2013

First impressions of my French Writers Retreat


On Saturday morning the plane landed on the runway of Montelliper. I passed men in army uniform with strange blue hats, and guns that looked like they were made of plastic. Laptop in my hand luggage I strode forward ready for my writers retreat. 

I wasn’t really sure what to expect, but judging by the location, a beautiful villa in the South of France. I had a feeling I wasn’t going to be disappointed. And I was right. Beautiful views, delicious food (fresh bread, delicious ham, a selection of beautiful cheeses, not to mention and English roast on Sunday), and interesting company was clearly a winning combination.

I'm pleased by my word count, well into six thousand words in two days. The retreat, organised by Margaret Jennings, who has a MA in creative writing and is a talented writer is relaxed and fun. It is very strange having someone look after you, making you meals, setting writing activities, and listening to you read.

Today we has a lazy walk to the river. I was fascinated by the difference in wildlife - the size of the ants for example! I tried to take some pictures of the local wildlife and flora.















No comments:

Post a Comment