Friday, November 9, 2012

By the skin of my teeth

It is a few minutes to midnight. The house is quiet, I'm tired and I totally didn't feel like writing tonight. Once again I questioned why I wanted to NaNoWriMo.

At seven thirty I walked the dog in the park with a torch searching for inspiration. It was quite creepy and I realised that no one said you had to write your novel in the correct order so I jumped ahead a bit to write a scary chapter. Then I finished the chapter I started yesterday. I managed to finish 1,726 words minutes before twelve. When not doing NaNoWriMo I tend to write about 1200 a day and its surprising how those extra 550 words are so difficult. So thankfully I managed to finish before turning into a pumpkin. Unfortunately, I'm now tired but not sleepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment