Saturday, August 25, 2012

Not Writing But Typing

Not Waving but Drowning
BY STEVIE SMITH
Nobody heard him, the dead man,
But still he lay moaning:
I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.

One of my favourite poems.

Unfortunately at the moment I'm not writing but typing! It's not that I have writers block. In fact I don't really believe in writers block. Once a fortnight I run a 'work' week for my writers group. Despite moans, groans and excuses when I put them on the spot, everyone manages to write something. I'm not saying that what you write will always be good, but you can always get something down.

Except I haven't. I've found myself procrastinating. I'm filling my time with other activities. I could use the fact that I'm still not completely over my stomach bug and I'm feeling run down as an excuse, but instead I took the dog out for an evening walk. All health gurus claim that this would be an instant fix to all ills. But I can't help noticing that I've come home and written a blog instead of my story...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Charlotte, been out for a 4 hour lunch (n o alcohol involved ) came back and wrote no 4 and 5 am on a roll. You know it comes and goes sometimes , you are better than most at switching on just relax. Blog is better than writing nothing!! Patsy P
    xx

    ReplyDelete