Saturday, July 7, 2012

What's next?

I need to finish my Sci Fi entry for Fantastic Books, I've the opening line and the story in my head, I just need to write it!

Also, Della Galton is judging a competition for a free to enter but cash prize writing competition.

The A.Vogel Dormeasan Short Story Competition 2012 will run from 1 April to 31 October 2012. Entries can be submitted any time during this period, but must be received no later than midday on 31 October 2012.
Four prizes will be awarded – First £500, Second £300, two third place prizes £100 each. Any entries that the judges Highly Commend will receive £50.
Competition winners will be announced in Your Healthy Living in spring 2013 and published online on www.avogel.co.uk/story and www.yourhealthyliving/.co.uk
Entry is free and open to UK residents aged over 16 only.
Individuals may submit a maximum of three stories.
Submitted entries must be entirely the work of the entrant and must never have been previously published in third party publications.

Entries should be in English, double spaced, with pages numbered, and with a minimum length of 1,500 words and maximum 3,000 words. Apart from erotica, there is no restriction on subject matter.

I love the free entry competitions there is no excuse not to have a go! (I would never mention names, but I'm sure there are members of The Writers @ Lovedean who ears are burning right now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment