Thursday, May 17, 2012

I told you I was ill...

It's funny that just when you think things can't get any worse, they do. This has certainly been a very trying week, car, tax man, with a delicious topping of life's little irritations. My oldest child has been suffering from what I have insisted was a cold for over two weeks, this morning after throwing up in front of me, I decided to take her to the Drs. It turns out she has a really bad chest infection, although the doc did agree with me about her fabulous rosy complexion. I allowed her the 'I told you I was ill' speech - after all she was right, and we came home so she could watch Lord of the Rings. I'm currently watching Frodo, thinking no one would have cared if he had just stayed in the Shire. We read the story for the suffering and difficulties. But in reality most people like to just bob along in their comfort zones. Frodo could have just said, 'sod this for a game of soldiers.' and gone home, instead he climbed Mount Doom and got bit by a spider. What me and my husband is trying to do is really hard. But, I don't want to quit either. If you go to any writers conference and listen to publishers and agents the odds are stacked against the writer. And I still can't walk away from my dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment