Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Frustration


Writing my flash fiction for Fridayflash, but I'm not happy with it. It's so frustrating I know what I want to say but it's just not working. I despise editing at the best of times but it seems harder to edit because every word counts. Calum Kerr mentioned how you are aiming to get just a slice of that person's story or life. I think my problem is that my character is reflecting on the past. When I think about the pieces I've really enjoyed (and envied that I didn't write) they have been about that one special pivotal moment. So more work need I think.

I noticed on Rob Richardson Tuesday advertisement that Helen Hunt is running a Hop On, Hop Off Online Short Story Course. I quite fancy it, I will have to look to see if I can scrape up the funds to have a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment