Monday, March 5, 2012

Third Place Rosie's

When Rob sent an email asking for writers to come to Write Invite because of lack of numbers, I definitely did not feel in the mood.  But I’m a people pleaser so I immediately emailed back saying I would read, even though I didn’t have anything ready and it was less than 24 hours away.  I then started to panic.  It’s nerve racking going to an event like this on your own.  But once I was there I had a really good evening. 

Robs fears were for nought, he had lots of writers, many who had won before.  Luckily, there was someone there I knew who I could sit with and they were great company.  I was pleased to come in third and that another member of The Writers @ Lovedean came second.  But somehow during the drive home I went from happy to filled with self doubt, or is it the low after the high of the performance?  Why do people find it difficult to accept positive reinforcement of our abilities?  I always remember when I worked in the Ukraine, I was told 'if you want to be happy, you should just be happy.'  The guy then poured me a large vodka.  Maybe we in the West just think about stuff too much!

The Live Short Story Evenings are held on the 1st Monday of every month, meeting in the conservatory of Rosie’s Wine Bar, an attractive location to be found at 87 Elm Grove Southsea Hampshire PO5 1JF. The doors open at 7.30pm and the fun starts at 8pm!
http://www.write-invite.com/write-invite.php

No comments:

Post a Comment