Sunday, February 26, 2012

Editing


Yuk I hate editing my own work. I read it read it and read it again, but the moment I print it out – I just find one more mistake.  It’s been a while since I sent a story out to one of the woman magazines.  Sadly, My Weekly is still only accepting work from authors they’ve published before. 

I’ve just finished a story called Fields of Gold, ready for Woman’s Weekly.  I have posted the guidelines below for anyone interested – although I stress that you always need to check for the most recent up date.

So fingers crossed in the post tomorrow.



Woman’s Weekly are looking for

For the weekly magazine:
Short stories of 1,000 and 2,000 words
Serials in 3 or 4 parts of 3,300 words each
For Fiction Special (At least 20 stories 10 times a year):
Stories of 1,000 to 8,000 words

Their General tips are

° We read only typescripts. Handwritten work can't be considered.
° Double line spacing on one side of the paper only and wide margins.
° Number each page and make sure your name is at the top of each page.
° If sending stories from abroad, please enclose an international reply coupon.
° If you would like us to acknowledge receipt of your manuscript, enclose a stamped, addressed postcard.
° Please note that it can take up to sixteen weeks for manuscripts to be considered, and that we are unable to enter into any correspondence by email.
Please send stories/serials to:
Fiction Department, Woman's Weekly, IPC Media, Blue Fin Building,




110 Southwark Street, London, SE1 0SU
.

No comments:

Post a Comment