Monday, February 20, 2012

Drum Roll Please



Does anyone else have that strange sad little feeling when they send their work out?

I’m very proud of myself as I have finally sent a story to the ‘Are You Sitting Comfortably?’ Story Cabaret.  It’s an opportunity for local writers work to be showcased and read aloud.  I'm not sure what it will be like.  I have done some script writing for radio, but to see a performance?  My kids aren’t impressed because it’s for ages 16+.

And… drum roll please, I've sent off my application to ReAuthoring South East as well.  I’m pretty sure that the competition will be fierce.  Lots of writers logged into the webinar.  But why shouldn’t I have a crack at it?

On another note I carefully proof read both pieces, but nipped round to a fellow writer to ask her to give them a once over.  I don’t mind reading my work out loud, but it is a nerve racking experience letting someone loose with the red pen.  Despite checking, checking and checking again, she found 18 typos on one story and 9 on the other! 

Anyway, off they go and now it’s just waiting for the response hoping that the muses will be kind.
                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment