Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Turning Worm


The big 4 – 0, this is my year.  The year I’m going to put myself first.  My short term goal to get my work in print again, long term goal get a publishing deal.  It is forty five days since my birthday and I have only just started on my blog.

Today’s excuses include my youngest child wanting to have her friend over.  In fact both nine years old behaved beautifully and I didn’t hear a peep out of them all day. 

But instead of writing myself I spent the afternoon listening to my oldest child read her stories out so she could enter the children’s writing competition on Chris Evans Breakfast Show on Radio 2.  The second competition she was desperate to enter was for child writers on the Tesco’s Goodness Range.  Again I listened to what she read, waited while she edited her work again and again and then listened some more.  Once again I knew exactly how Mrs Large felt in Five Minutes Peace! Now my eleven year is sitting in a self righteous aura watching Flash Gordon, after doing something to put her dreams into action.  Oh and now she’s decided she isn’t feeling well.

I want to enter a story in The Writers Magazine, deadline 15th of February and it’s not nearly edited well enough.  But the worm is going to turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment